CoinTracking provides a comprehensive overview of your crypto assets with their diversified features. This best crypto portfolio tracker boasts 1,046,000 active users and more than 1250 Corporate clients and CPAs. All the portfolios amount to a total value of $41.5B. The vendor claims to have 13 years of historical data and trends for 16,755 coins.
What is CoinTracking?
For newbie and professional crypto traders, the company offers real-time tracking of all transactions. Established in 2012, the company started its operations in 2013 to make the lives of crypto traders easier.
The professional network of the company comprises 160 tax advisors and tax lawyers for helping in worldwide tax filing. It provided automation of crypt trading enabling users to do away with manual management of their portfolios. Users can import their trading info via the exchange CSV files or APIs and the software will take care of the rest.
How does CoinTracking work?
Once you register and choose a plan, you have to allow read-only API access for the company. The service provides an easy user guide for every exchange. When you have set up the software, all the transactions you make on the exchange are automatically entered. Similarly, the service can track your wallet transactions, manually import transactions that cannot be automated, and more.
How to use CoinTracking?
To get started with CoinTracking crypto portfolio management software, here are the steps:
- Add all data related to your crypto trading
- Add all the transactions from all exchanges you have used to ensure your gain and tax reports are correct and reliable
- Add one wallet/exchange after another when you check the balance using the Balance by Exchange section
- If the balance does not match, add the missing data manually in the Enter Coins section or by using the Bulk Imports feature
- Correct wrong entries and backup the data after every correct entry
Security of CoinTracking
The company provides safety measures like data and API encryption and two-factor authentication. You can make and restore trade backups and the tracker does not need access to the exchange you are using.
What crypto exchanges does it support?
The company supports direct imports from the following exchanges:
Wallet imports are allowed from the hubs listed below:
It also provides legacy support for closed exchanges such as the following:
Deposits & withdrawals
The software keeps track of your transactions so you can ensure seamless tax reporting and portfolio management. It does not have deposit and withdrawal features.
The company does not reveal info on the deposits, withdrawals, and transaction charges. We could not find details on the fees it charges.
Quick summary of CoinTracking
The main functions of this crypto portfolio tracker are listed below:
- It provides personal analysis like customizable crypto reports, interactive charts, profit, and loss reports, audit reports, and realized and unrealized gains.
- You can import data from more than 110 exchanges, use APIs to automatically import, sync directly with the blockchain, and export in PDF, CSV, Excel, JSON, and XML.
- Provide tax reports for more than 100 countries, use 13 tax methods including FIFO, AVCO, LIFO, etc., tax export for CPAs and the tax office, and report on capital gains, mining, income, and more.
- Offer chart history for 16,755 coins, display latest coin prices, list coins by volume and trades, and feature stats, trends, and analysis
- Render professional assistance with crypto tax laws, tax reviews, and detailed video guides, FAQs, and tutorials.
Pricing packages for the service are as follows:
This includes tracking up to 200 transactions and coin tracking. You can do manual exchange import, personal exports via CSV, XLS, HTML, and PDF, and a few other features.
This costs $10.99 per month billed annually. Under this plan more than 3500 transactions tracking is possible. Other features include automatic exchange import, and automatic blockchain import, linking of multiple accounts, and more.
The plan will cost you $16.99 per month billed annually. More than 20,000 transactions can be tracked and you can do 10 personal trade backups.
To use this plan, you have to pay $54.99 per month which is billed annually. Unlimited transactions and import of 50 wallets, 20 personal trade backups, etc. are provided.
Besides the above, the company also offers a corporate plan and deals for premium users.
Key details of CoinTracking
|Listed Cryptocurrency||9000 currencies|
|Supported Fiat Currencies||N/A|
|Supported Countries||100+ countries|
For contacting the support, the company provides email addresses for the support team, the CPA team, and the full-service team. English and German languages are offered and the time for contact is from Monday to Friday 8 am to 6pm UTC.
Is CoinTracking legit?
The presence of the company since 2013, the wide client base, diverse functionality, security features are some of the benefits that are in favor of the service.
Final word on CoinTrackingFinal word on CoinTracking
- Diversified features
- Free plan
- Not for the occasional crypto trader
- Expensive pricing plan